All three major US stock indexes have closed on record highs on Monday night, following a rise in commodity and technology shares.
S&P energy index jumped 2.2 per cent, while .SPLRCT technology index rose 1.1 per cent.
Facebook increased 4 per cent to $US121.77 after announcing a $6-billion share buyback program on Friday.
LifeLock rose 14.7 per cent to $US23.18 following Symantec’s announcement to purchase the company for $US2.3 billion.
Applied Micro Circuits also increased 11.7 per cent after Macom Tech announced a $US770 million takeover of the company.
Oil prices have risen after Iran and Russia indicated that an OPEC deal could be reached in a Vienna meeting next week.
Markets at 8:40am (AEDT):
- ASX SPI 200 futures +0.7pc to 5,393
- AUD: 73.65 US cents, 69.31 euro cents, 59.00 British pence, 81.62 Japanese yen, $NZ1.0429
- US: Dow Jones +0.47pc at 18,957, S&P500 +0.75pc at 2,198, NASDAQ +0.89pc at 5,369
- Europe: FTSE +0.03pc at 6,778, DAX +0.19pc at 10,685, Eurostoxx +0.29pc at 325
- Commodities: Brent oil +4.8pc at $US49.11/barrel, spot gold +0.41pc at $US1,213.20/ounce, iron ore -$US2.00 at $US70.50/tonne